The Baby Show “Meet The Experts” area is an educational program focused on hands-on tutorials. In these 30-minute sessions, new and expectant parents will get practical advice and education with real-life applications. Join the session, be part of the action, and gain confidence.
Prenatal Fitness & Yoga
10:45-11:15am (Saturday Only)
Come visit Diana Zic of CocoonCareTM to learn why prenatal and postpartum exercise and yoga are both a must for a smoother and healthier transition to motherhood. In this 30 minute discussion, you will learn:
- How staying active has shown to alleviate the common aches and pains of pregnancy (i.e. low back pain, upper back pain, constipation, swelling, pelvic discomforts);
- How postpartum exercise can help quicken the bodies recovery time;
- How staying active can help reduce the likelihood of the baby blues;
- How imperative self-care is during both prenatal and postpartum journeys; and
- How important community support is before and after baby!
Cloth Diaper Tutorial
11:30am-12pm (Saturday & Sunday)
Chad Ekstrom, International Sales and Marketing, Kanga Care, will address FAQs and how-tos on the topic of cloth diapers.
Scientific Principles that Enhance Language Learning
12:15-12:45pm (Saturday & Sunday)
Dr. Robert Titzer, Infant Researcher, Infant Learning Company
- Early language scores predict later language scores and reading scores more than a decade later
- Babies who are taught more words by 18 months of age think at faster speeds than babies who are taught fewer words
- Scientific principles that help babies learn language skills more efficiently will be described
- The simultaneous learning of languages is better than consecutive learning of languages, so introduce babies to multiple languages instead of waiting until the native language is mastered before introducing other languages
Interactive Maternal Wellness Session
1-1:30pm (Saturday & Sunday)
Nothing is TMI for the Doula! Join Hillary Scharmann of Heart, Birth & Baby in an interactive session on Maternal Wellness, and all of the real and raw changes that happen during pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and lactation. It has never been so important to feed yourself so that you can best take care of your littles.
Giving Birth with Confidence: An Overview of Lamaze’s 6 Healthy Birth Practices
1:45-2:15pm (Saturday & Sunday)
Attendees will learn how the Lamaze Six Healthy Birth Practices can help simplify your birth with proven practices that help alleviate your fears and manage pain regardless of your baby’s size, labor length, and complexity or confidence level. These six practices are tried-and-true ways to make birth as safe and healthy as possible for pregnant people around the world. This session will be lead by Melissa Gonzalez, LCCE, CD (DONA) of Mesa Birth & Lamaze International.
Infant CPR Info Session
2:30-3pm (Saturday & Sunday)
Ticonna Purdle, APRN, MS, MSPH, FNP, Founder of Nursing Speaks
Attendees can expect a dynamic information session and demonstration of infant CPR and foreign body removal. Followed by a question and answer session and treat giveaway.